Versatile People (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.theversatilepeople.com and provides outsourcing / offshoring back office support services (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
On May 25, 2018, the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR or Regulation) goes into effect. The GDPR is a significant change for global data privacy law and introduces rules for organizations involved in the collection and processing of personal data of individuals located in the EU.
This replaces the European directive [95/46/EC] which was implemented in the UK by the data protection act 1998. The GDPR will be directly applicable to the UK and member states retain the ability to introduce national level derogations where these are required for specific purpose. The British Standard supersedes BS 10012:2009, and its requirements have been revised to be in line with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
SERVICE means outsourcing/offshoring services and the www.theversatilepeople.com website operated by Versatile People.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
DATA SUBJECT is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
THE USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data
Versatile People is a back office support services organisation and we connect recruiters with highly skilled talent across global industries.
Versatile People Ltd registered in England and Wales under registration number 13449064, registered office is 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ and its Delivery Centre at 18, First Floor, Vasupujya Krupa Society, Nehrunagar, Ahmedabad 380 015 is the data controller/data processor for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998/Data Protection Act 2017 and any amending and replacement legislation from time to time in force, the GDPR and any and all domestic legislation implementing the Regulation into English law.
This privacy notice will help you understand what information we may collect, how it is used and what choices you have. We may process the Personal Information (PI); this includes Pseudonymised data but not fully annonymized data (article 4 (1) of GDPR) and/or Special Categories of Personal Information (SPI), (article 9 of GDPR under which SPI can be processed).
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, Country, County/State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by notifying us on email@example.com.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
While using our Service, we may also collect the following information: sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, place of residence and actual address, telephone number (work, mobile), details of documents on education, qualification, professional training, employment agreements, NDA agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, information on marital status, family members, SSN/National ID (or other taxpayer identification) number, office location and other data.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We may collect data about you when you register with us, visit our website, or when we communicate by email, SMS, phone or in person.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you from third parties:
- job boards based in the EU;
- social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and Facebook based outside the EU;
- from an agent/third party acting on your behalf. e.g. Contractors Limited Company;
- by reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer;
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks, such as Google based outside the EU;
- search information providers, such as Google and Bing based outside the EU;
- publicly available sources, such as press releases, company websites, search engine networks like Google Search, Bing etc.;
- Chat Service provider, TAWK, based outside the EU;
- mobile apps such as WhatsApp based both inside and outside the EU.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use appropriate physical, technical, organisational and administrative security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised or unlawful access, use, or disclosure, and from accidental loss, destruction, or damage. Personal data is only as secure as the tools and technologies that manage it. We are reviewing our tools and technologies so that we continue to appropriately protect your personal data.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only transfer personal data to a third party if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or put in place adequate measures prior to receiving it. Maintaining data security means guaranteeing the confidentiality, integrity and availability (for authorised purposes) of the personal data.
USE OF DATA
Versatile People uses the collected data for various purposes:
- administer our website and business;
- personalise our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- enable you to download information/white papers/documents you have requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
RETENTION OF DATA
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information that we collect will primarily be stored in India, which is outside the European Economic Area (EEA) on either local or cloud-based servers.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 13. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- No categories